The Spartan is a British armoured personnel carrier of the CVR(T) family of tracked armoured vehicles. The Spartan carries a crew of two, and five passengers who are typically combat specialists like engineers or anti-tank guided missile teams. There is also an F.V. 120 Spartan anti-tank guided missile vehicle with MILAN Compact Turret (MCT).
Available Scale Model Kits
- F.V. 103 Spartan APC, 1:76 Cromwell Models CM14
- F.V. 103 Spartan APC, 1:87 Trident
- F.V. 103 APC Spartan
- Motor: 5.9 litre Cummins BTA diesel, 190 hp (142 kW)
- Speed: 80 km/h on roads
- Length: 5100 mm
- Width: 2400 mm
- Height: 2200 mm
- Weight: 8100 kg
- Armament: 7.62 mm GPMG, smoke grenade dischargers
- Crew: Commander, Driver, 5 Passengers
- British Army and R.A.F.
- F.V. 101 CVR(T) Scorpion, Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked) Fire Support
- 90 mm up-gunned Scorpion variant
- F.V. 102 Striker, Tank Hunter with Swingfire ATGW
- F.V. 103 APC Spartan, Armoured Personnel Carrier
- F.V. 104 Samaritan, Armoured Ambulance
- F.V. 105 ACV Sultan, Armoured Command Vehicle
- F.V. 106 Samson, Armoured Recovery Vehicle
- F.V. 107 CVR(T) Scimitar, Armoured Recce Vehicle
The Scorpion family of armoured fighting vehicles includes a number of interesting variants, of which the Scorpion and Scimitar recce vehicles are most useful for wargamers.