The Hanomag R 16 All-Purpose Tractor series T-35, known as R 16 A, was built from 1951 to 1954, followed by the improved series T-50 from 1954 bis 1957, which was known as R 16 B. The two types are easily distinguished by the spoked wheels of the early R 16 A.
The 1:87 (HO) scale Wiking model of the Hanomag R 16 B shown here sports the red enamel finish exclusive to export vehicles. The doubled front axle is not accurate, although this detail will only be noticeable upon close inspection from the front. Expert modellers may want to remove the solid steel axle and mount the wheels correctly. Other small detail parts may be added to further improve the model.
Available Scale Model Kits
- Hanomag R 16 B, 1:87 Wiking 885 01 27
- Hanomag R 16 B with Mower, 1:87 Wiking 885 02 28
- Hanomag R 16 B Export-Model with Rack-Wagon, 1:87 Wiking 893 01 31
- Hanomag R16
- Motor: 2-cylinder 4-stroke Diesel with precombustion chamber, Hanomag D 14 S
- Cylinder Capacity: 1389 ccm
- Power: 16 hp at 1600 rpm
- Clutch: Fichtel u. Sachs K 16 single-plate dry clutch
- Transmission: 5-Speed
- Weight: 1150 kg
- Length: 2680 mm
- Width: 1480 mm front, 1500 mm rear
- Height: 1650 mm, or 2170 mm with canopy
- Wheel-Base: 1600 mm
- Speed: 19.1 km/h
- Manufacture: 1951–1957
The Hanomag R 16 was a robust all-purpose tractor of the 50s and 60s, which can be seen at oldtimer meetings today. Scale models of the Hanomag R 16 are suitable for agricultural dioramas and rural scenes on model railroad displays.