Leopard 1A1A1 MBT
From 1975 to 1977, the Leopard received a combat value upgrade (Kampfwertsteigerung) of applique armour on the turret and gun mantlet, which led to its new designation as Leopard A1A1. From 1979, these vehicles were designated Leopard 1A1A1, to differentiate them from the new Leopard 2.
Available Scale Model Kits
- Leopard 1.A1A1, 1:87 ROCO 391
- Leopard 1.A1A1, 1:87 ROCO 05138
- Leopard 1.A1A1, 1:285 GHQ N87
- Anweiler, Karl: Rad- und Kettenfahrzeuge der Bundeswehr.
- Blume, Peter: Die Panzertruppe der Bundeswehr 1956–heute (Illertissen 1996)
- Gau, Lutz-Reiner: Deutsche Militärfahrzeuge. Bundeswehr und NVA.
Following the upgrade of new SEM 80/90 radios and PZB 200 passive image intensifier of the Leopard 1A4, the improved vehicles were designated Leopard 1A1A4, or Leopard 1A1A3, if they had only received the new radios.