Star Wars Miniatures
Wargame Rules Review
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Some of the most exciting and compelling moments from the Star Wars films are the space battles. Whether a dogfight between a handful of starfighters or a massive engagement of warring fleets high above a planet or moon, such battles have a special place in the Star Wars universe. The entire Star Wars saga forms the backdrop for this fast-paced collectable starship miniatures game. With all the vessels of the galaxy to choose from, you build and command fleets that can sway the course of galactic history – or at least the next battle!
You pick your faction. You select your starships. You command your fleet. And it’s up to you to prove yourself against the competition in head-to-head starship battles set in the fantastic Star Wars universe.
Collect: The Star Wars Miniatures Starship Battles game provides three distinct ways to enjoy your collection of detailed starship miniatures. Collect the Star Wars fantasy, from Jedi starfighters to Star Destroyers, droid ships to alien vessels, and more. Booster Packs, sold separately, provide more starships from all your favorite Star Wars eras. Challenge your friends to battle in any era to see whether the light side or the dark side will triumph.
Battle: The Star Wars Miniatures Starship Battles game features action-packed game play to test the skills of new players and veterans alike. Begin with the Quick Start game rules, using the starships included in this Starter Set. Then pick up Booster Packs to add starships to your fleet and ramp up your space battles.
Re-Create: Use your Star Wars starship miniatures to relive your favorite Star Wars starship battles and to create new scenes for display, battle, or for use with the Star Wars Roleplaying Game.
- Title: Star Wars Miniatures Starship Battles
- Period: Science Fiction
- Type: Starship Dogfight
- Time Scale: none given
- Ground Scale: none given
- Troop Scale: 1 figure = 1 starship
- Author: Rob Watkins, Ryan Miller, Bill Slavicsek
- Format: 40-page rule book
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wizards of the Coast, Renton, WA
- Published: 2006
- Credits, 1 page
- Introduction, 1 page
- Quick Start Game Rules, 10 pages
- Advanced Rules, 1 page
- Special Abilities and Fleet Commander Options, 4 pages
- Scenarios and Play Options, 1 page
- Starship Concordance, 1 page
- Starships and the Galaxy
- Class 1 Ships, 1 page
- Class 2 Ships, 5 pages
- Class 3 Ships, 3 pages
- Class 4 Ships, 5 pages
- Glossary, 5 pages
- How to read a Stat Card, 1 page
Miniatures & Accessories
- Rebel Mon Calamari Star Defender Viscount
- Imperial Super Star Destroyer Executor
- 8 random Star Wars Miniatures Starships
- 10 Starship Stat Cards for the above
- Space Grid
Quick Reference Charts
- Summery of a Round
- Fleet Commander Options
- Command & Damage Counters