German Panzergrenadiers are the infantry element of the armoured division and mechanized infantry division. In 1940, the typical Panzerdivision had a tank brigade of two regiments, and a rifle brigade of one infantry regiment and a motorcycle battalion, as well as the usual artillery, recon, engineers, signals and other divisional assets. The infantry regiment consisted of one mechanized infantry battalion mounted in half-tracks and two motorized infantry battalions transported in trucks. In the Panzergrenadierdivision the ratio of infantry to armour is reversed: two infantry regiments serve alongside one tank regiment.
- Panzergrenadiers, 1:72 Revell 02511
- Panzergrenadiers 1944, 1:72 Forces of Valor (Unimax) 83096
- Panzergrenadier Crew for Sd.Kfz. 251, 20 mm SHQ GV-1
- Seated Panzergrenadiers in Helmets, 20 mm SHQ GV-2
- Infantry, 1:72 Atlantic 1653
- Infantry, 1:72 ESCI P-201
- Infantry, 1:72 Hasegawa MT30
- Infantry, 1:72 Revell 02502
- Infantry, 1:76 Airfix 01705
- Infantry, 1:76 Matchbox 40903
- Infantry, 1:76 Fujimi 76025
- Afrikakorps, 1:72 Atlantic 1569
- Afrikakorps, 1:72 ESCI P-206
- Afrikakorps, 1:72 Revell 02513
- Afrikakorps, 1:76 Airfix 01711
- Afrikakorps, 1:76 Matchbox 40904
- Armoured Panzergrenadier Platoon, 15 mm Battlefront Miniatures GBX01
- Motorised Panzergrenadier Company (DF), 15 mm Battlefront Miniatures GBX04
- Armoured Panzergrenadier Platoon (Late), 15 mm Battlefront Miniatures GBX09
- Panzergrenadier Platoon, 15 mm Battlefront Miniatures GE703
- Panzergrenadier Platoon (Afrika), 15 mm Battlefront Miniatures GE743
- Panzergrenadier Platoon (Greatcoats), 15 mm Battlefront Miniatures GE720
- Panzergrenadier Platoon (Camouflage Smocks), 15 mm Battlefront Miniatures GE791
- Fleischer, Wolfgang: Motorisierte Schützen und Panzergrenadiere, 1935-45.
- Hughes, Matthew: Fighting Techniques of a Panzergrenadier, 1941-1945.
- Europe, 1939–1945
- North Africa, 1942–1943
- Gebirgsjäger figures, German mountain troops, may be used
to increase the variety of poses in a Panzergrenadier platoon.
- Private Ryan, an award-winning war film directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks, Edward Burns, Matt Damen, and Tom Sizemore. There is a Panzergrenadier recon section in the scene where the Rangers meet men of the 82nd Airborne in a field somewhere in Normandy. Paratrooper Private Ryan stops the enemy half-track with a bazooka round. Later in the film, two German half-tracks can be seen transporting Panzergrenadiers into combat near the bridge.
Panzergrenadiers were not the most common infantry troop type in the Germany army, they formed the elite infantry spearhead of the armoured and mechanized divisions. Motorization was expensive, and the majority of Panzergrenadiers rode trucks or tanks to the front.