Reenactment is a sophisticated hobby for anyone interested in a particular period of military history. The participants study their selected period of history in great detail, make parts of their uniform and equipment by hand, and practise the military life and drill of the period. In order to share the experience of the hobby with others, these students of military history join other enthusiasts in historical reenactment units, and these units gather to recreate battles and military camps throughout Germany and Europe. Many individual reenactors and some units travel to abroad on occasion, to participate in larger reenactments at Borodino, Waterloo, Gettysburg and many other historic sites.
- Legio VIII Augusta
- Legio VI Victrix
- Legio XI Claudia
- Legio XIII Gemina
- Römergruppe Vetoniana Pfünz
- Staunton Artillery (CSA), 90513 Zirndorf, Germany
- Lynchburg Artillery (CSA), 97225 Zellingen am Main, Germany
- Blücher’s Rheinübergang bei Kaub, 2001
- Römertage in Kohortenkastell Aalen, 2000
- Battle of Five Forks, 2000
- Historisches Feldlager bei Fulda, 1999
- Historisches Feldlager bei Fulda, 1996
Please refer to our forum for upcoming reenactment events.
If you would like a WebSite dedicated to your reenactment unit, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org